Sunday, November 8, 2015

Peanut Butter Revelations

Pic's Peanut Butter made me miss my bus today.

(Spoiler alert - another one came 10 mins later though)

I was grabbing a bite to eat since there was half an hour before the next bus was due after work today. In a little cafe that has a magazine rack full of reading material. Great idea if you can get over the 'these things must be full of germs" reflex. And the fact that most of them are out of date gossip mags. But then I spied it - a Business mag looking all coy and like 'come and read me, you might learn something'. So I picked it up and started reading the first article I came across (while dropping bits of flakey pastry all over the place).

It was all about the creator of Pics Peanut Butter, and I recognised the jar because a few years ago I used to buy it all the time due to its 'no added sugar' stance. Well apparently Pic (yes that's his actual name - Pic Picot in fact) started making the stuff for family and friends coz he was fed up with the available brands being loaded with sugar, and today it has the largest % of the kiwi market! You can read about it in the link attached - cool story.

He was older than I am when he started (and that is saying something!) but that didn't stop him from doing something that meant something to him and making something of it. (Too many somethings?)

When asked 'what is the best business advice you've ever been given' he says "Nothing can stand in the way of an enthusiast."

Are you starting out again, or contemplating starting again? What are you enthusiastic about? Nothing can stand in your way. (Although this doesn't count if what you are enthusiastic about is unicorns taking over the world. I'm sure you get my point here.)

Stuff will try to stand in your way, like fear and doubt - those double crossing hussies disguised as friends. However, just remember the dream and the dare and forge on. Something WILL eventuate, even if it doesn't look the way you expected.

http://picspeanutbutter.com/a-thousand-welcomes-lovely-lover-of-peanut-butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment